Today, four companies dominate the travel distribution landscape: Amadeus, Travelport, China’s TravelSky, and Sabre, the original company to develop this technology when it was a division of American Airlines. Will this change? This panel will explore:
· Will you be able to move beyond exploration of new distribution models outside the global distribution system?
· Will startups working to develop new solutions to the distribution problem be able ease the pain often created by the reliance on global distribution systems?
· Are the products you sell through the global distribution system worth it?
· Despite the dominance of Amadeus, Sabre, and Travelport, is there room for new players in the travel distribution space to emerge?
· Next-gen distribution – How will the utility of blockchain in travel distribution disrupt the marketplace?