08 - 09 December, 2020
Day 2: Wednesday, 22 April 2020
Wednesday, April 22nd, 2020
3:35 PM Case Study: Boosting ancillary revenue – How to use upselling and adjacent services to increase revenue, have better operations and happier customers
In this presentation, you will hear from an ancillary revenue expert on how to use upselling to grow your digital business:
- Increasing average order value – How to increase your revenue through upselling and cross selling your products
- Segmentation for personalized upsells – How to customize upsell offers that are relevant to individual guests
- How to optimize your send time to give yourself the best chance to generate the most revenue
- How to leverage the data you have to combine your products and cross-selling products to improve your customers’ experience
- How to put in place an effective ancillary revenue post-booking framework
4:25 PM Power Panel: Wholesalers, The biggest issue in hotel distribution – How can you avoid being undercut on the overwhelming majority of OTA searches by non-authorised players looking to capitalise on price competitiveness?
- How can you overcome crossover between all of the different players on the various channels to maintain rate integrity?
- What will happen if more of the top OTAs offer third party rates in mass?
- Why are different packaged rates offered to wholesalers being used in channels where they are not meant to appear? How can you overcome this?
- Do you agree or disagree in removing wholesaler contracts moving forward?
- Do you still have ‘true’ wholesalers in the business that you can collaborate with to get business?
- Even if your rates are the same across platforms, why do customers book through OTAs and other third parties? What can you do to address this problem?