Wego is an online travel marketplace that provides top ranked mobile apps and websites for users living in the APAC and MENA regions. It harnesses powerful technology that simplifies the process of searching, comparing and booking flights and hotels across hundreds of airlines, hotels and online travel agency websites. Ross is a veteran of the Asian internet industry having established Yahoo!s Southeast Asian operations in Singapore back in 1998 and leading product development efforts across the region for 6+ years. He is also Singapore Co-Chair of H2, the premier global leadership network for the digital industry. Ross has been an active angel investor in the technology sector for a decade and enjoys working with other passionate entrepreneurs. In this keynote interview, Ross will shed light on:
· How will South East Asia become a hotspot for China's rapidly growing outbound travel market?
· How to use VR technology that allows users to select their hotel rooms online, check-in via facial recognition technology, or features such as "Smart Home" and "Smart Keys
· How to use intelligent computing that allows customers to enjoy continual service improvements, personalised recommendations and an overall optimisation of travel resources
· How to continue to harness technological innovation to provide the highest-quality travel related services to meet customers' rapidly evolving needs
Powered by the emergence and popularity of social media platforms, which in turn gave rise to a more empowered and informed consumer, the shift from “outbound” to inbound marketing meant that brands had to prioritise value-adding content and connection over direct response tactics. In order to stand out today, brands need something more. They need to focus on selectively, strategically positioning themselves as true thought leaders. In this interactive case study Brett will demonstrate why this is happening, and why your brand should be on board. In this interactive presentation, Brett will shed light on:
· Outbound tourism vs. inbound tourism - Which countries rely the most on tourism spends?
· Outlining the need for outbound travel, as a means of research into global standards, to develop service and marketing for inbound travel
· How to implement the right strategies that helps you grow your customer base and optimise budgets
How to select the right approach for your business
The world’s most populous nation and second largest economy is a notoriously complicated market for non-Chinese companies. These increasingly discerning shoppers are younger, focused on health, and more brand savvy than ever, and they demand more from the products and services they buy. Both global and local companies must understand these nuances if they hope to craft brand and product messages that appeal to them. This interactive panel will explore:
· How do you use WeChat, and what other chat platforms that works, to reach the lucrative Chinese outbound travel market?
· What are the personalised content that appeals to the Chinese travellers, and what doesn’t?
· How do you adopt your products to China’s expanding army of middle-class travellers?
· What are the key considerations in localising your products and service to the Chinese market? Which is more important – offering budget, affordable products or more experience-related ones?
To round off our 4th Annual Digital Travel APAC we take a light-hearted look at how the Asian digital travel space is progressing compared to our European and American counterparts. During this informal session, we will grab a drink and relax while discussing how you think the digital travel universe will evolve in Asia.